Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hope

"Be in love with your life, every minute of it" -Jack Kerouac 

I hope you have had moments you know you can never recreate. Views you will never be able to fully capture, and Love you will never be able to adequately express. 

I hope you have lived BIG. Loved GREATLY. witnessed BEAUTY, and found yourself LOST in something. Lost in thought, lost in your environment, and lost in your dreams. 

I hope you have felt small surrounded by the beauty of open space. 

I hope you have felt appreciated and respected by your everyday actions. 

I hope you have felt powerful, strong and competent at some point in your life, and also vulnerable and in over your head. 

I hope you have grown. That you have looked at different perspectives, considered things you do not agree with, and made choices based on your own judgments. 

Lastly. I hope you LOVE. Love your life, love your adventures, love your family and friends, love your strengths, love your weaknesses, love how you have struggled and overcome, love who you are today, love who you will be tomorrow and love who you have already been. 

Found this from a restless night a while ago: 

I will always be someone who believes in a dream. Who believes in working for a passion not a paycheck. Who marvels at the beautiful places of this earth, and relishes in their solitude. I will strive to be kind, make moves that are bold, and shine no matter how dark the light. I will refuse to settle. I will be flexible without being taken advantage of; I will be strong without being arrogant. I will speak my mind when I have something to say, not when I want to say something. I will listen, I will laugh, and I will overextend myself. I will do all of these things because I am human and I am me. I will do these things because I know what the good life is and I do not ever want to be without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Passion is best expressed through reckless abandonment"

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I used everything you gave me"