Thursday, February 16, 2012

The days are getting longer, sun shining brighter, almost time for sandals again! There is something I love about being able to never have to put on real shoes, and go running at 7pm and still have day light :) I'm definitely a happier person in the spring/summer/fall. Winter has its beauty, and snow is fun but sunlight is better.. 


Along with longer days also means that its almost spring. Spring means shuffle round! Time for me to see if I can still handle the field Team Leader life. Starting in March I'll get to leave the desk life, my little room all to myself, and abundance of personal time to lead a team of 10 great individuals in Boulder CO. I'm not traveling too far, but I'm excited to explore Boulder more and get to live with a house of people once again. 


The possibilities of a fresh start, a new team of people and the ability to be a part of creating something that could change all of us forever is an amazing opportunity. I'm looking forward to building on what I learned from last year, growing with the new people that will surround me and also finding a comfort in having friends close by in Denver. Overall I feel very blessed. 


"Months ago I would have told you life was about doing, about jumping through religious hoops, about impressing other people. My actions would have told you this is done by buying possessions or keeping a good image or going to church. I don't believe that anymore. I think we are supposed to stand in the deserts and marvel at how the sun rises. I think we are supposed to love our friends and introduce people to the story, to the peaceful calming why of life. I think life is spirituality."  -Donald Miller

Never stop marveling at simple happiness... 

1 comment:

  1. Life is a true gift. Open it with purpose every single day, and always save the wrapping!

    ReplyDelete

"Passion is best expressed through reckless abandonment"

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I used everything you gave me"