Monday, June 25, 2012

6 Weeks

6 WEEKS


6 weeks left of wearing the "A" I have worn in pride, tears, happiness and growth for the past 2 years. 
6 weeks left of living on the 3rd floor of Colorado heights University with 35 of the most courageous,self-less, and strong people I have come to know. 
6 weeks left to find a job that allows me to feel purposeful each day and at the same time challenged and comfortable. 
6 weeks to find a new community.
6 weeks to process all that has impacted me the past 2 years, and to fully allow it to change me. better or worse. 
6 whole weeks to find where I will go next. What I will pursue. 
6 weeks to close this part of my life and move onto something more, something bigger, something of progress. 


I worry I won't be able to find something bigger. Something more challenging. Or something that will affect me as much as wearing this green shirt has for so long. I'm afraid of ending up as one of those people who goes to work and then lives their life. I don't want to exist in what I do, I want to live during it. I want to believe in what I do, and how I do it. 


I know that in 6 weeks I'll have the answers. I hope they are the ones I want. 


"I don't want to be somebody who can't live up to what I've already done"
       -Brett Dennen 
Its all worth it..

1 comment:

  1. Hi love!

    I remember standing in those shoes at the end of AmeriCorps... acutally I am standing in those shoes right now... back home, starting over and trying to find purpose in my life again (and a job)
    I know you will be okay! I know YOU, Cody, will find that light and purpose in whatever you do! Since I am not on Facebook anymore I can't find your email... but I wanted to email you...will you email me? kstruyk@gmail.com
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete

"Passion is best expressed through reckless abandonment"

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I used everything you gave me"